Saturday, August 3, 2013

Loss

This weekend  am feeling lost. Lost because it's the weekend and I don't have my fifth limb, my camera.
I lost my camera about ten days ago, and have been asked several times how and where I lost it. A valid question. As I was involved in gathering shots for a competition I basically had it with me all the time for about a week. I have a best case scenario theory of how I actually lost it, but fact is, I was clearly careless and left it behind somewhere. While I think I know where (a very public place) I cannot be 100% sure, a conundrum that makes me incredibly cross with myself. Alternatively, someone, somehow could have taken from my car - if I had left it unlocked, which I never do.
However the fact remains that it has gone, and my best recollection of events has been told to police and insurance. And despite being approved for insurance over a week ago, I am still waiting for the payout, and approval to upgrade, the one thing about losing my camera that gives me a bit of light.
I have been fortunate to have had the loan of a good friend's camera, identical to the one I lost, for the last little while, but handed it back to her yesterday. So grateful for the time I had it!
Pending insurance, the pic here is what I intend to purchase. A Canon 6D with a 24-105 lens.
But until I have one in my hot little hands I am feeling a bit mopey and ... lost.



No comments:

Post a Comment