Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Will a Band-Aid Fix It?

It was back to see Uncle Jim the vet today as Hugo's allergies have flared up again. I try to manage his sensitivities naturally with a raw food diet  and soothing any hot spots with aloe vera gel. As previously blogged, I even tried this. But as the licking occurs mainly when they are home without me, the collar would be somewhat problematic when combined with a dog door...
Yesterday he'd again made a hash of the insides of his back legs, so I reluctantly acknowledged that he was due for another magic jab...
While there's little doubt that his skin is very reactive to 'something', with Hugo this year there's also developed a degree of habitual over-licking, mainly on his front legs... I have tried to discourage this with a repellent spray, but I was allergic to it!
Today I suggested to Gentleman Jim that perhaps we could try covering his legs, and he agreed. I am to leave them covered for as long as possible - more than a month even. We now just to hope that he does not try to chew it off of transfer his licking to another spot...
I can't help feeling sorry for him every time I look at him! I hope a band-aid will fix him...

No comments:

Post a Comment