Sunday, February 5, 2012

Little China Girl

Viki's photo
The annual Auckland Lantern Festival occurs this long weekend at Albert Park in Auckland City. I went for the first time last year, trying to figure out how to take good photos of the lanterns, and at night. (I did not do especially well that night, and I still not have mastered this).
This year I was delighted to be asked to go with one of my rent-a-families, the Holleys. The timing was not good for night photography (being that we had a 4 year old to consider) but it was great for eating! Ate far too much but not enough, as there were so many things to sample. I did not have the best Pad Thai in the world, but I loved the Toffee Strawberries and shared some great rice paper spring rolls with Viki.
But attending before night fell did not mean no photos; I has my angelic little model to snap away at. I love the photos of her here amidst the flowers (though almost prefer the wide view Viki's iPhone pic captured; I did not have the right lens on for this view).


Isabella was enamoured with all the Chinese bits and bobs that were bought for her - I think her favourite was the pink umbrella.




No comments:

Post a Comment