Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Exciting Times Ahead



Definitely a 'moment' to post about today.

I have been sitting on the news for a couple of weeks, but can now excitedly, nervously announce that 2012 is shaping up to be a year of new experiences for me.

After 25 years of continuous service in a school, I have been lucky enough to have won a Study Award. This will allow me to be a full-time student for the majority of the 2012 year.

It's all a bit of a great unknown at present, but I am sure that by this time next year, when my research has been completed and my thesis written up, I will be desperately looking forward to returning to my school. Whilst having a year away is exciting, I am wondering about how I will cope with the lack of social contact! After all, isn't that one of the main reasons we go to work?

Hugo, Reilly and Stirling will love it though. And I am sure I will too. Once I get my head around what it is I have actually gotten myself in for!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lynnie

    This is brilliant news. Well done you. Definitely cause for an eduspeak lunch (brain food not allowed). As always I'm very proud of you.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete