Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Promise Kept

Last month en route to a work thing, we passed this cute little church on the hill above Pukekohe. I made a promise to myself that I would return to photograph it one day.

Today as I headed to Pukekohe proper (have now sort of been to Puke!) for a Photoshop workshop, I recalled my self-promise and quickly ducked down the side road to see if I could find the church.

Although it was almost 9:30, daylight saving meant that there was still some softness to the light, and with the forboding clouds behind it, made for quite a pleasing shot.

I have played with it a little bit in Photoshop, so I did learn something. But mostly I learned that I don't need Lightroom; that Aperture3 is its competitor! Photoshop, once I get to know more of its capabilities, will be useful, but my Mac programme still rules! And while I am blogging it tonight, I have not finished fiddling with this pic yet. I will go back to further enhance it - in Aperture3. That's a promise too.

P.S. Go the All Blacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment