Friday, April 15, 2011

Stop the Clock!

Whilst we all(?) love our jobs, 3pm on the last day of term is a very significant and celebratory time for we teachers. There was a small gathering in the staffroom after the close of school - Linda's last day before she pops, so a few cups of tea (literally) and some pie of some sort being shared.

Me - just popped in to say hi, mindful of the fact I had a 3:30 appointment. Clock watching as I do (I said cLock!), I noticed 3:30 was very slow in approaching.

Then it struck me - the clock was stuck on 3 past 3. The little second hand was having quiet little spazzes on the 8. I had to immortalise the time that had stood still, just, it appeared, for us to breathe a little sigh of appreciation of the upcoming holiday break.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! Wish time stood still during term time too!

    ReplyDelete