Sunday, August 14, 2011

Companions...


As I have done over the past two years, I sent several entries into the Universal Cavalier photo contest this year. Another example of photography being somewhat subjective in terms of who likes what, as those of my entries that made it through to the finals were generally not the ones that I considered my best. Similarly there were entries by others that I thought were stunning that did not make it.

I was fortunate to be placed second in the 'companions' category, with a photo sent off at the last minute, of my nephew Daniel brushing Hugo, and Hugo loving every minute of it. It is a tender moment, and looking at the other winners, it would appear that the 'moment' was more highly rated than technical or compositional elements. I will remember that for next year.

Click to enlarge and read critique



2 comments: