Friday, August 26, 2011

A Welsh Welcome

Earlier this week I solved the mystery of the 'installation' at my local reserve that is still in place, though slightly worse for wear. It's part of a series of 'Sky Art' developed by local primary schools in conjunction with the Manukau Beautification Charitable Trust, (More about the project here) designed to welcome visitors to the Rugby World Cup:
click on me to read clearly :)

Today after work, the boys and I tootled off to the leash off area at the Botanic Gardens, and there we encountered a second larger than life welcome, also in a flight path to Auckland International Airport. The photo is not as 'clear' as the other as the ground is all very flat, and as unless I were to climb a tree, I could not get the perspective right. As it is, the welcome to the welsh, Croeso, is actually upside-down in this photo.



As the Rugby World Cup gets closer, I am starting to get a little nervously excited, especially as I will now be in attendance at a game at Eden Park in October, the actual game to be confirmed, but I am reaaaalllllyyyyy wishing for Oct 8 or 9. Thanks to my lovely big brother, who has been given tickets for volunteering to help (he's being a transport maestro), and who has paid it forward to my other brother and me. Happy families!

No comments:

Post a Comment