Monday, April 2, 2012

Plasters are always best ripped off quickly


Dear Lynn,

We are pleased to inform you that your application for enrolment in the Master of Education by thesis programme has been successful. The start date of your thesis enrolment will be 2 April 2012 and your thesis enrolment end date (submission due date) will be 31 March 2013. 

It's taken a whole lot of necessary red tape to get to the stage I am at today. Finally, I am formally enrolled as a Masters student. The powers that be must have the confidence that I will pass Research Methods, the nastiest paper of them all, and thus achieve my PG Dip, and have approved my entry to the Masters programme.
This does not come without a degree of pain however. Financial pain. Best dealt to quickly, like ripping of a sticking plaster. So no sooner had I received notification, and the bill, I accepted the enrolment agreement  and handed over the money. So do I feel ripped off?  No, not really. I am uber fortunate to be able to be studying and still getting paid, having won a study award. So this is a fee I pay with gratitude. So she says now...

PS This might suggest I have done nothing towards my thesis thus far, and I can confidently say that this is not so. Completion of RM and related assignments a necessary and also painful evil pre-requisite, Research Proposal conceptualised, developed, drafted, revised, approved, and Ethics Approval and related consent documents drafted and about to be revised.

PPS I can't wait till I can graduate with my PG Dip! That's my next major marker in this journey :)

1 comment: