So the plan was to re-model the blog for the future, but unfortunately the Blogger interface will not allow me to do as I had intended.
Firstly, when I established the blog, I expected it to be active for a year. Momentsmemoriemusings@blogspot was disallowed so I named it msf2011 - which I now regret, seeing as I wish to continue. Changing the name is not a simple as it would seem, so if I want to maintain last year's entries as part of my blog as opposed to a link, I'm stuck with it.
Secondly, I thought that by adding new pages, I could make a dated entry on a page, re the topic of that page. Wrong. They can be edited but it appears that there is only one page that can be used as a blog
I have contemplated starting over, or switching to a wiki or weebly even, but have made the decision to continue with my current blog - incorporating some of the new features I hoped to chronicle on separate pages.
The 365 photo challenge will no longer be the focus for the blog, though it may appear from time to time. Latterly I found myself taking more and more photos for this forum with my iPhone. I have since installed a 365 app and Blogger on my phone, so will be using this exclusively for the 365 - with less personal requirements than this year. The 365 2012 page has more details about what I have challenged myself to. I may instead upload to Flickr or similar - yet to decide.
Another 'challenge' I have set myself is completing or initiating many of the things on my 50 List.
Other pages I had hoped to have were a 'Dog Blog' and a page to reflect on books read and movies seen - but that will now just be part of my blog itself.
So for the last entry of the year I am going to leave you all with some highlights of the 2011 year for me.
The first highlight is a repeat of what I have written about above - establishing and maintaining this blog. 16600 hits; who would have thought? Still only 9 regular followers however; perhaps I can increase this in 2012...
Other memorable moments, in no particular order least of all chronological, include the following, which link back to the post about them...
- Spending a great day celebrating family milestones at my parents' place
- The All Blacks winning the Rugby World Cup - watching this with Katie and attending the parade the next day
- Attending a RWC match, with some of the choicest people I know
- Having Stirling come and live with me full time
- Doing well with both Hugo and Stirling at Ribbon Parade level
- Stirling getting his first (and second) CC - only 6 to go lol
- Becoming brave enough to enter photos into MPS club nights, and being recognised for some of them
- Having one of my photos be on the cover of a 'real' magazine, and the same photo being used to promote how to take pet pics on a dog blog
- Going to my first live gig for years and LOVING IT
- Having my family help me to give my house and section a face-lift
- Gaining a study award, which will see 2012 travel a completely different path than I am used to
To round off the 365 challenge, I am sad to say the shitty weather we have had lately has sucked the inspiration out of me, so I leave you with a shot taken at my home beach, Mimiha, last week. A manmade structure that rose out of the sand.